Holly Madison says Hugh Hefner sent her 'creepy' letters after they split


Holly Madison says Hugh Hefner sent her 'creepy' letters after they split 
The letter of the law? Holly Madison hasn't spoken to Hugh Hefner in four years, but in that time, she did hear from him in the format of a few letters — and she said he basically admonished her in his writings.

Holly's high-profile distaste for the Playboy founder has been well-documented in recent weeks, ever since she began promoting her explosive memoir, "Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny." Hugh, it seems, wasn't exactly fond of what Holly had to say after their breakup in 2008 either.
"They were all very formal, short letters, and it would usually be in response to something I said in the press," Holly told Us Weekly of Hef's attempt at contacting her. "At the time I had a TV show ["Holly's World"] on, so I was doing all kinds of random interviews and they'd ask me my opinion on the new 'Girls Next Door' or who he was dating. If I said anything that was slightly not to his liking he'd send me some reprimanding type of letter."
She continued: "And it just got to the point where I'd throw them away and not even look at them. There was a very creepy vibe to them. I felt like he was trying to act like he was my dad and like control every move that I made."
The feud between Holly and her ex has been juicier than the former couple's reality show. Holly has said that Hef created a "twisted world" in the Playboy Mansion and claimed that he plied women with drugs. Life in the mansion was filled with backstabbing and manipulation, she said.
Hef, of course, has denied this. In a statement this week, he said, "Over the course of my life I've had more than my fair share of romantic relationships with wonderful women. Many moved on to live happy, healthy, and productive lives, and I'm pleased to say remain dear friends today. Sadly, there are a few who have chosen to rewrite history in an attempt to stay in the spotlight. I guess, as the old saying goes: You can't win 'em all!"
Of her "hellish" life as Hugh's then No. 1 girlfriend, Holly said, "It was definitely worse than middle school because in middle school you get to go home at the end of the day!"

Comments

Popular Posts